Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I'm in London

Hi guys,

I'm right now in an internet cafe, near the flat that I'm sharing with a friend and his friends (about to be my friends too).

Just arrived about 6 hours ago. At the passport control, I was directed to the Health Control because I was intending to stay for 6 months. At Health Control, the nurse asked me if I did any X-ray. I said I did, and spent about 3 mins digging up the X-ray, which was, incidentally, 4 years old.

At first the nurse looked it over and said I had good paperwork done. I told her the X-ray was done a couple of years ago. She wanted a date, so I pointed to at date ".../01". She was like "Its 5 years old! What's the point of showing it to me? You have to get another X-ray done!"

"Okay", I said.

"That means that if you don't pass the X-ray, you can't get into UK, and you'll not be able to work!"

"I didn't know I was required to take an X-ray. And I shouldn't have any problems with my chest X-ray."

"It is a requirement. Next time tell your company that. And don't say it too early, there was this other guy that had to be turned back because of his chest X-ray."

I was like, WTF? Take X-ray take lar! Why go and scare me like that, as though there's another way out? So evil, this woman.

After that I was led into a room, told to take off my shirt. And I waited in the room, with my 15kg carryon bag and a suit bag.

Then I heard moaning. It was faint, but I heard it. I wondered what could be happening, what could make a woman moan so... So I thought it was sex. But then the moaning became louder, and more painful.. GASP, rape? Then I heard sobbing together with the moaning, and it got quite unbearable. I was thinking, "What are they doing to this poor woman?"

Turns out the woman was pregnant, flew in to London seeking for asylum.

Anyhow, I took my X-ray and was scooted out of the Health Control a few minutes later. Got my suitcase (which was 30kg) and boarded a bus to Hatton Cross tube, and then took the tube to Tower Hill. The journey took me 1 hour plus, and a lot of effort. Travelling alone with so much baggage isn't fun, especially when you have to walk quite a distance, and climb up and down staircases, buses, trains etc.

At Tower Hill I got the key to the apartment from my friend. He's undergoing training, so no time to stay at home or fetch me from airport. sigh, so sad. After I got the key I got on the tube to my final destination (which will remain secret, in case some readers decide to send me a bomb).

By the time I arrived at the flat, it was already 4pm. Rested a little (5 mins?) before I left the flat, went to duplicate my key, and then bought my bedding stuff from Argos. I had to buy pillows, duvets, duvet cover, pillow cover and mattress cover. Argos was about 20 mins walk away from my place, so try to imagine a guy carrying such bulky stuff down the street, for 20 mins. uh huh, not fun right?

My flatmates aren't home yet. I'm hungry. Think I'll go grab something to eat.

Found a huge health/fitness center near my flat. Wow, damn impressive la, better than california fitness x3. Just the treadmills already got 2x the california fitness one. some more got swimming pool, jacuzzi, spa and all that. win already. the price? also win already. at 92 pounds a month, plus a 50 pound joining fee, AND a minimum membership term of 12 months, its really stretching my budget. put it this way, even if i go there everyday, it works out to about 3 pounds a day. ey, i somemore complain the singapore national sports council gym that charges 2.50 singapore dollars as expensive.

Here in London everything is usually more expensive. But! Surprisingly, internet at internet cafe is DAMN cheap! its only 1 pound an hour. in case you all dunno, the rates in singapore is about 6 dollars an hour. and the connection speed is very slow.

Ok la, I spent the last 25 mins on this blog entry. Somebody do the maths and tell me how many pence is that ok?

Miss Singapore already. No, i mean i'm missing singapore already.

take care you guys.

3 comments:

luen said...

take care, my dear... and btw, you didn't say you missed me! *hmph* love you and miss you...

Anonymous said...

TAKE CARE FELLOW WEI-something!

~ Ian

p.s. u oso din say u missed me !

Ang Ku Kueh said...

hiya, u take care there, ok?