Saturday, August 20, 2005

Lunch at Pizza Hut

Met an "army" friend for lunch. One of my closest friends for the whole duration of my National Service. I wanted to meet at Toa Payoh, since he lives there, but obviously I didn't know where to go. He suggested meeting at Crystal Jade instead.. so ok lor.

Then we decided to go somewhere else to eat after we met. Because might have to wait some time before we could seat down and eat, and I was really quite hungry then. Then I saw sizzler, so I thought maybe can have lunch there. then i saw the prices and got put off quite a bit. My goodness, everything was like more that $15 can? Even for lunch? And I'm currently unemployed can?

So we went next door, pizza hut. honestly hor, at that time i really didn't feel like eating pizza. actually, i don't think i'll feel like eating pizza for another 2 years. Its fat, its oily, its cheesy, and its very fattening. and has very little nutrition. and its mostly just bread, tomato puree and cheese. but somehow we still went in and ordered a set meal for 2 - 2 soup, 2 coke, and 1 medium "volcano 3 cheese stuffed crust pizza". whoa, just short of naming the pizza "tornado x-treme super cool name quadraple cheese stuffed crust with supreme super cool topping pizza"

The food was pretty good la, I have to concede. The soup was tasty and the pizza was really not bad. The bread was soft, the stuffed crust part was nice, the toppings were quite generous... And the both of us couldn't finish it. And I thought I was hungry... Well, I finished my share at least. so it was he who couldn't finish it.

Yeah, thats all to this rather boring entry.

1 comment:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

the minute i saw the advert, my stomach turned already....why not try a soup cafe? like soup spoon at raffles city? :)