Monday, August 08, 2005

What have I been up to?

I've made several small accomplishments so far, so feeling slightly better, despite my stupid foot that's irritating me.

  1. I've installed another light. Wasn't able to do that previously because I didn't have a drill. But then on Sat when I was trying to drill a hole into the ceiling, the drill bit didn't go through the ceiling! It went in like only 5mm. That's not enough, because I had to insert a plastic plug before the screw goes in so that the light can be held firmly in place. After a lot of effort, I discovered that there's a metal plate hidden under the cement. Why there's a metal plate there I couldn't understand. How the light was originally installed, I also didn't know. I drilled many holes all around the area but to no avail; I couldn't drill through the metal plate. In the end, I used the same hole which the previous light had been installed with. sigh... A bit sad that I had to compromise with that.

  2. Then I managed to complete painting my room. No surprises there.

  3. And I got the water heater replaced. No I didn't do it myself. I had the help of the classified ads and $350 dollars.

  4. And I bought a textbook on Options, Futures and Other Derivatives. I emailed my future boss that I had all the paperwork done and was all ready to start work. And stupidly asked if there was anything else to prepare. He asked me to read up on a textbook by Hull. sigh.. Now I gotta study.

BTW, please, my name is Wally. I don't have a surname. This blog is meant to remain semi-anonymous - in that people who know my identity already know me, and people who don't know me WON'T know me. There's been reports that bosses now look at their employees blogs to learn more about them. I don't want my boss to look here. OK?

3 comments:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

wah lau...wat was the last sentence for ah? somebody tried to get ur sir name, issit??? who who?!!!

Wallace said...

no la.. just in case someone posts my surname or something... makes it easier for pple to search my name in google.

Anonymous said...

i know who u r WALLY!!!!