Monday, August 08, 2005

Happy Birthday Singapore!

On Singapore's 40th birthday, I'd like to express my feelings about Singapore. Even though:

  • The government is composed overwhelmingly of a single party

  • The salary is low

  • The prices of property and cars are very high

  • The law can be very strict at times

I am still very happy to be Singaporean because:

  • The food is the bestest and the cheapest in the world!

  • You can find food at anytime in the day

  • We are truly a multi-racial society

  • The public transport is efficient

  • The government is not corrupt

  • The environment is clean and green

  • And its safe and secure. Can go out at anytime of the day

Hmm.. I thought I got jaded/disillusioned.. Turns out that I still love Singapore very much and I still am proud to be Singaporean. To think I only realise that on National Day. hahahaa..

Once again, Happy Birthday, Singapore!

1 comment:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

as usual, we often take things for granted when our lives are rosy. :)