Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Thongs...

I met up with TJ and F yesterday, at Essential Brew at Holland Village. I think its quite a nice place to hang out and waste time. At the second story, the seating area is on the floor. There are mats and cushions and low coffee tables. They also have magazines to read if you want.

You have to take off your shoes and place them on a rack if you wanna sit at the second floor. There's a toilet on that floor too. And they thoughfully placed slippers outside the toilet so that you can slip them on to go into the toilet.

It is a nice place to hang out because the environment is relaxed and air-conditioned. it isn't a high end restaurant, so you don't have to dress nicely, speak softly, or keep up whatever appearances. and i like sitting on the floor with cushions. can lounge around, lean back, slouch, whatever. and they serve quite nice desserts and drinks.

So anyway, after we were done with dinner, TJ and I were engaged in conversation, and didn't notice F went to the toilet. As we were still talking, F came back and announced:

"I don't like thongs."

You have to excuse me. I, like most guys, am particularly sensitive to the various names of ladies underwear and anatomy, and anything with sexual connotations. And this is my line of thought when she announced that.

***

Ah, F doesn't like thongs.

Why doesn't she like thongs?

Could it be because its uncomfortable?

Maybe...

Wait, F just went to the toilet.

What? F is wearing a thong?

Too Much Information!! TMI!!

***

All those thoughts occured within a fraction of a second. I said "Huh?", just to make sure i didn't hear wrongly.

She repeated it, "I don't like thongs".

"Did you say thongs?"

"Yeah, the slippers outside the toilet. I hate it because of that thing that goes between your toes."

Ahh.. I think I made an erroneous conclusion.. She meant slippers. Just to make sure, I asked again, "How to you spell thongs? t-o-n-g-s? t-o-g-s?"

I think she got my confusion. Its really the same word that I thought it was, T-H-O-N-G-S.

Then she started laughing. We all started laughing.

"Did I say it very loudly?", she asked.

Well, I'm sure if other guys around had sensitive ears to certain words like I do, they would have heard it. hahaha...

In case you also never heard it before, check out the dictionary. She's correct, it can either be a type of underwear or a type of sandal.

Wow, you learn something new everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so embarassing! i remember it said it very loudly!

F