Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I fell into a drain.

Call me unlucky, call me blind, call me clumsy.. whatever.

I fell into a drain about 4 hours ago, and I think i sprained my toe and suffered a few small cuts/abrasions on my foot and knocked my shin. Its painful but not crippling. at least i can still walk when i have to.. about my painting project, hmm.. maybe have to hold it for a few days.

how the hell did i fall? well, it happened like this, i went to a coffeeshop with my mum and bro. they're the kind that don't like to walk a lot, so they asked me to park right outside the shop, at the double yellow line. and while we were waiting for the food to come, two traffic police came on a motorbike.

"quick! move the car!" my bro exclaimed to me.

i turned around, saw the police, and hurried to the car, which was like 2 metres away. suddenly, i was shorter by a meter or so.

*ouch*. damn painful can! i discovered myself with my leg in a drain. i quickly clambered out.

the policeman saw all that and said, "eh, don't worry, take your time"

i didn't get a ticket, but i learnt an important lesson. well, actually a few important lessons...


  • Don't park at double yellow lines

  • especially when there's a drain just next to it

  • and even when there's an urgency, look where you're walking

  • do not be distracted by something that is obvious. look around yourself to check for other problems/issues/oppotunities



my foot is starting to swell a little. i had to cancel my appt with TJ because i didn't feel like moving. i'm so sorry, TJ.

i think its a sprain, not a fracture, because the pain is not severe and i can walk. and the pain is at a joint. but its a sprain because i can't really bend my toe.

sigh... reminds me of the time when i broke my foot.

i should take better care of myself.

i'm NOT going to park by that double yellow line again. EVAR.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man-my 1st post on ur blog! abt today, it's OK la, health is always more impt...better watch that toe/foot! lucky u onli got a sprain + abrasions; that 1m deep drain sounded like it could cause much worse damage...well, take care!

luen said...

If that were me, two-thirds of my body would have gone into the drain! Must be more careful, darling... sprain already how to go gai-gai with me? :)

Ang Ku Kueh said...

heheheh....oh gosh...u missed the 'date' ah? so sad. pls go rest!