Friday, August 05, 2005

An accomplishment

I worked around the house yesterday, even though I am still suffering from a sprained toe. Kinda suspect it isn't really a sprained toe, since its still slightly swollen, and its affecting my walk (limping around).. But i refuse to put my foot in a cast again. or sit in queue for 2-4 hours, or take an x-ray. no thanks, i'd rather limp around, thank you very much.

I'm so proud of myself. I removed six bolts from a wall, using a pair of pliers and twisting and pulling it similar to how a dentist might pull a molar out of your mouth. Then I patched the holes up with plaster, and I went around the whole house looking for holes/cracks to patch... like a pro plasterer.

Then I changed my ceiling light. Hooray! It was my first time actually removing and installing a brand new light. Eh, I can be a light technician already!

And then I covered a section of the house with newspaper and got to work painting the ceiling. whoa, painting is a tough tough tough tough tough job. cannot stress that enough. for that small section of a ceiling, I spent almost 3 hours painting. For the first few minutes, it was really tough, but it got better as I got more efficient - being able to roll the roller with the right amount of pressure and paint. But even then its still super tough. Have to paint a couple of layers. cannot la, next time either i enlist some help or i pay a professional. i give up, painting is NOT the profession for me. light tech still can =).

after I had a shower, i saw this show "while you were out" on TV. there was this interior designer and carpenter and a few other people redecorating a room. and i saw the designer applying wallpaper to the wall and I thought, "wow, so cool! I also want wallpaper!" hahha.. luckily it isnt "I also want to be a wallpaperer" hor?

and thats it. i'm going to continue painting the other parts of the house tomorrow.


*** Photos as promised ***


The original hole in the ceiling. After the leaking pipe was repaired, the ceiling came crashing down.

Repairing the ceiling in progress. This first board is already in place. The second one was still being cut by the SDG.


Finally, the ceiling repaired. SDG did the plastering to patch the cracks between the boards and the screw holes.

And its painted! By me. can see the paint isn't really even. But i'm working on it. =)

2 comments:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

wow...step-by-step DIY...

luen said...

ooo handyman, so macho, i like... *swoon* hahaha :) (that's referring to you hor, not the SDG :P)