Sunday, July 10, 2005

Misc thoughts...

One.
Nobody wants to buy my computer. I wonder why.. Its a quite a good computer, and I'm selling it so cheaply! Maybe everybody who needs a computer has one already..

Two.
I'm so proud of myself - i'm doing laundry today. No choice, have to do. its been like 12 days since I last did laundry. My towel smells, and most importantly, I'm running out of underwear. Yeah, thats the main reason why i'm doing laundry.

Three.
I love getting things done. Like laundry, for example. Or paying bills, or posting letters. When I accomplish a task, no matter how trivial, I feel happier. Why, then, do I like procrastinating? Why am I still so lazy? Could it be that its BECAUSE i'm so lazy, that even tiny things i do make me feel like i'm not such a lazy bum, hence reason to be happier? hmm...

Four.
I didn't pray for the victims of the London blasts. Its not that I dont feel sorry or sad for them. I'm just not a very religious person, shall we say, and I don't understand why. i guess its the thought that counts eh?

Five.
Watched Ms Congeniality. The first one. Was funny how they made fun of all the contestents wishing for world peace. man, if ONLY we had world peace. the world had never known peace before. And while I once believed before that the world will get better, boundaries will get broken, trade will flourish till the point that the world becomes homogenous, and everyone treats everyone else equally, and countries will only be defined by historical borders, not by race, culture, nor governments. people will be free to travel anywhere and live anywhere. wars will not start since the whole world is homogenous - there is nothing to take control of. terrorists will be unheard of, since they will have no more motive to strike. well, of course there will still be trouble-makers... But then it suddenly occured to me that i no longer believed in that idealistic world. it WILL get messier and messier.

Six.
My future company had some "risk analysis" company do some background checks on me. My, were they thorough. They went through my application and noted that I was "missing" from some date to march 2001. "can't be", I thought. I was serving my country, with a meagre allowance of 400+ dollars. I must have written it on the application form. hmm..

seven.
the US should get another president.

eight.
i'll be returning to singapore in a few days... and then, i won't have a computer so don't be expecting me to update my blog then.

nine.
its time to collect my laundry.

2 comments:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

hahaha....this is a long entry! woohoo! u're getting my contagious 'por-mah'nitis disease!! pls come home safely ah! or i hamtam u! :)

yayyy....:)

Wallace said...

u hantam me already.....