Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Finally met my JC classmates

I finally met some of my JC classmates. Some of my other close friends couldn't make it. One was on-call (he's a doc), another one was stuck in the office, being slave to a very bad bad bad boss. The last one is the worst, go out with friends other than us. *bleah*

I really enjoyed myself. i hope the others did too. i haven't seen cindy for like 3/4 years, the others probably about 1 year. and we've known each other for like 7-8 years. yeah, do the math and you'll probably figure out how old we are. oh wait, you prob already know, cus its in my profile. haa..


we met somewhere in serangoon for tze-chah seafood. it was my idea. saw this 20% discount place on UOB's dining priviledges website. looked further, saw it was seafood, near my place. looked even further, discovered it was a tze-chah place. in other words (for non-singaporeans), its a non-airconditioned, almost-like-foodstall kind of place. its much cheaper than restaurants, yet the food is just as good, if not better. needless to say, being the miserly me, i thought it was just perfect. besides, i kind of miss eating at these "heartlander" places.

btw, "heartlander" is another singaporean word. checked the dictionary before, turned out that there wasn't this word. googled the entire net, couldn't find any definition either. my closest guess is that a "heartlander" is someone who lives in HDB flats, government subsidised housing.

ah.. its late, i gotta continue this post another time.

2 comments:

luen said...

I want to eat tze-chah toooooo!!! *stomach grumbling* :P

Ang Ku Kueh said...

thank goodness got 2nd part hor...