Monday, May 01, 2006

New York Trip

I was at NY for a week, on a "business" trip. It wasn't really a business trip of course, since I didn't do any business, but it was paid for by my bank. Cool huh?

For the first time in my 26 years of life, I sat First Class on a long-haul flight (not exactly that long either, cus it was only about 7 hr flying time...). Man, it was so exciting. Now I know what priviledged means...

But enough about the flight, lest you people start thinking I'm bragging... haha..

New York was s-p-l-e-n-d-i-d!

You know how it snows in NY but not London? So I assumed that NY would be colder than London. The weather over here was starting to get warmer, but still required a fleece jacket. Naturally I thought I should bring an overcoat to NY.

BUT, when I exited the airport, instead of the dreary cold weather I was expecting, I found sunshine and a nice cool breeze! Yoohoo!

The good weather persisted all the time for the entire 7 days I was there. How can the weather be so good for so long? Had I gotten so used to London???

I spent the weekend by myself in Manhattan. And guess what I did?

I walked down to Central Park, found a nice patch of green grass, took off my shirt and photosynthesized (vitamin D and melanin that is).

There were a couple of times when I thought to myself "life is good...". Once was when I was in the California sunshine, driving this huge-ass SUV with my gf beside me.

This time in Central Park, I found myself thinking again, "life is good". In case I hadn't told you before, that was one of the most pleasurable things in life (in my opinion of course): Lie in the sun on a patch of green grass with a Jamba Juice (really nice fruit smoothie) in hand.

== on a side note ==
there are a couple of things which I deem to be really enjoyable (not exhaustive list)
- hanging out with a bunch of good friends at a beach BBQ.
- lying on the sand/grass/air mattress at a beach/park/pool under the sun with a nice cool drink. a partner to share the joy would be highly desired as well...
- soaking in a hot tub / jacuzzi (again the cool drink and partner would be nice to have) at a spa or resort
- snowboarding followed by a nice hearty steak and wine
===

hmm.. come to think of it, I've sort of done all of the above. Except the air mattress part...

The only regret in that trip was that I was alone.

"Rone-ry, I'm so rone-ry..." (its one funny song from the show Team America)

Man, I could go on and on about the trip, I think I'll reserve more for later. Seeya!

3 comments:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

rather rone-ly in NY basking in the sun than work back in london....

i too need a break....have I told you I've not had any yet??? *groan*

Wallace said...

really? no honeymoon?

Ang Ku Kueh said...

yuppers....too busy working...