Monday, January 09, 2006

My sunshine has left...

Been wondering about my absence? Sorry. See, I've been busy living my life with my gf. She's been here for 15 days - and though it may seem like a long time, its really too short. way too short.

but I really shouldn't complain. its been a terrific 15 days.

Over the last 15 days, I worked only 4 days. And other than those 4 days of work (8 hours on average), I've spent all my other free time with her.

I've gotten addicted to this good life. And now, I need to start getting used again to working hard. Sigh...

Meanwhile, I'll try to recap these past days (though not all at once) to re-live a really memorable winter holiday 2005/6.

25th Dec - Arrival, on Christmas Day

I paced around the house before her arrival, as I didn't know what else I should be doing. The tube doesn't run on Christmas, so I couldn't pick her up from the airport. I had to hire a cab to do that for me. Finally, I got her call (she used the cab driver's phone cus he was lost).

***

She unpacked her stuff and gave me several presents:

  • Polo Ralph sweater

  • Polo Ralph vest

  • Milo

  • and several other clothes items I left in the States

We stayed at home the whole day because there was absolutely no public transport that day.

I cooked some simple dishes (soya sauce chicken, sweet peas with baby corn) for the whole household (altogether 5 of us) and we had that while catching up on previous episodes of Naruto.

Hunn (my gf's bro) gave us some party crackers and we "cracked" them open. I got a very nice and practical gift - a shoehorn. She got a toy - it provided some fun for like 30 seconds, after which we got back to Naruto. =)

We had an early night because she was a little jet-lagged. I slept with a smile on my face.

1 comment:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

smile on your face! hahahaah