Saturday, January 21, 2006

Departure of the lightbulb

Jan 4th

Guess who's the lightbulb?

L's bro lor...

Hey I'm joking aight? Honestly, he didn't intentionally try to be "bright", and he's also quite "automatic" if you know what i mean.

but yeah, he had to catch a flight from stansted airport at 4pm or so... initially he wanted to travel down to liverpool st to get the coach from there (since he already bought a return coach ticket), but after some repeated suggestions:

"sure? sure you wanna go down to liverpool st?"

(5 sec later)

"sure? with all these luggage?"

(5 sec later)

"sure? you can just catch a coach outside my flat you know..."

He finally gave in.

Anyway, after he left, hmm.. I can't remember what happened. And I don't have any pictures for the 4th of Jan to jerk my memory... I'm sure we went somewhere for dinner...

AH! I remember, we went to Gaucho Grill. Recommended by friends and also online, it seemed to be the perfect place for steaks.

I was expecting something like Jack's place or Sizzlers kind of standard, but when I stepped into the restaurant, it kinda felt like... a very high class restaurant.

and heh heh heh... the steak was superb.. no, AWESOME.

The waitress came by with a platter of meat. raw meat. then she explained the different cuts of meat: sirloin - which has a little fat on the edge, but very tender; the rump - which is THICK and has very little fat, will be tough if overcooked but tastes great rare/medium; and several others which I forgot. But I didn't really have a problem choosing, I went for the rump, medium rare. mmm mmmmm. L got the sirloin, medium.

There are like 3 sizes to choose from, 225g, 300g and 400g. I got 300g and L got 225g. But the steaks were HUGE still. I remember grinning away while eating my steak. Haha, it was damn good.

sigh... i wanna go back...

Here's a picture of a steak to whet your appetite. Note: the picture is not the actual thing - i got it off the net. i dont know how that steak in the picture tastes like, but the steak i had was marvellous.

No comments: