Monday, January 16, 2006

Food poisoning

Dec 30th

Again, went to work, and left early.

And I went to Kulu Kulu with L this time. Had lots of sushi and salmon sashimi. I'm glad she likes sashimi as much as me. I remember a few years ago when we used to go Kulu Kulu maybe once a month (or less frequently) we used to have only one plate of sashimi, and always get more plates of the cheaper kinds of sushi. Now we're not so frugal anymore, can afford TWO plates of sashimi. haha, it wasn't more because we couldn't have so much sashimi anyway. I also had a raw rock oyster...

Went home and watched a movie on my computer, then had an early night.

Dec 31st - New Year's Eve

Woke up late, lazed around, had spaghetti - chinese style, L's specialty and favourite, served with Tiger Chilli sauce - which i bought in singapore and is only found in NTUC apparently. Watched Bleach throughout the day.

Felt a little tired. Went to bed very early, at 1030pm or something. missed the new year celebrations altogether.

Jan 1st - New Year

Couldn't sleep at night. Felt cold, then hot. Sweated a bit even though its cold. I got up in the middle of the night to wear a sweater and track pants on top of my shorts.

Felt bloated, wanted to burb. Got out of bed at about 3am to try to clear my bowels.. . Spent 15 minutes sitting on the toilet boil, but no effect. Burped a few times, felt slightly better. went back to bed.

Woke up again at 7/8am. Went to toilet again. but nothing felt like coming out the normal route. instead, i felt nauseous. gave in to it after a brief fight, and threw up all my stomach contents into the toilet. ah.. 100x better.

Had a glass of milk since I thought it would do well to neutralise the toxins. apparently, according to L and her mom its not such a good idea. don't really know why, but now I know.

I was weak and tired the whole day. Caught a few hours of sleep here and there. L went to Sainsbury to get some medication for me, and she came back with a thermometer, panadol, diarrhea pills and oatmeal. so touched *sigh*.

L wanted to cook porridge for me but I refused. So she cooked spagetti with ikan bilis soup. but i couldn't even finish the little bit that she cooked. she kept it in the fridge for the next day.

Soon after, while I was still sick, we went to M's place for a new year celebration/gathering. M's our friend from IC, and she also invited a few other mutual friends that we know very well. while i was still feeling tired and sick, I pulled myself there as this is a rare chance for L to meet up with them.

L's bro, H also went along. He introduced them to a few drinking games and they had loads of fun. I didn't play of course. I couldn't even take a bite of anything solid - and even water I had problem swallowing because I still felt bloated.

It was fun meeting with them nonetheless. After I got back, I promptly got into bed and fell asleep almost immediately. This time, I didn't wake up until 10am the next day, feeling fresh and well. Sometimes, it really takes illness to make you appreciate good health.

I blame my food poisoning on the oyster.

my doc friends: what kind of bug did I get, given the symptoms?

No comments: