Sunday, November 06, 2005

Ugly warts on my hand

I had ugly warts on my hand. There were two on my thumb, one on my last finger, and one on the back of my hand, near the middle finger. Its so ugly, and worse still, it can possibly spread to other parts of the body and to other people.




I wanted to do surgery/ liquid nitrogen treatment in Singapore, but the National Skin Center is so slow at processing appointments, by the time I saw the doc it was like a day before I had to leave. So he prescribed me Verrymal, a salicylic acid (with some other stuff) solution that you apply externally.

It wasn't fun I tell you. First, the solution dries up and becomes white in colour, just attracting further attention to the warts on your hand. Second, you need to peel the previous layer off before you apply the next layer - and sometimes its so difficult (and sometimes painful) to peel. Third, sometimes when you peel it off, you cause damage to the skin, resulting in bleeding and infection.

And because I've tried cutting the warts away - to no effect, since they always grow back, this time I had to make sure that it is gone before I stop the application of the solution. But how do I know when to stop? it isn't in the instructions.. so I continue application even after the wart is gone, even after there is no skin on the spot, and even after there is somewhat of a depression in that spot.

And finally, six weeks later, I've stopped applying the solution - and let my wounds heal.

Another six weeks later, this is the result.



The warts are gone (I hope), and all that's left is a little bit of dry skin that will hopefully drop off in a couple of days.

2 comments:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

looks OK to me....hmm....

Wallace said...

sigh, i already suffered the pains...