Friday, November 04, 2005

Making of green tea ice-cream

Its finally a weekend (ah well, actually its friday night) so I have the chance to blog. And since I got my brand new computer, I don't really have any excuses not to post some pictures.

Back in Stanford, after I had graduated, I spent like 6 weeks there before I came back. Back then I didn't have much to do, so I was very much like a house-husband. And I experimented with making ice-cream.

L's flatmate had like one whole bagful of green tea powder, which can be used to make "pao pao cha", also known as "tapioca tea" in the US (yah i know, weird names). So anyway, I used that powder to make the green tea icecream. its very simple really, as these pictures will suggest.


First, mix the green tea powder with water. Next, whip it, while grinning happily


Place the whipped stuff into the freezer. Wait for 15 minutes. Take it out and whip it again. It should get thicker and thicker, like so...


Repeat the procedure of taking the green stuff out of the freezer, whipping it, and then putting it back into the freezer for 15 minutes, until it becomes like so..


The finished product.


Scoop out a spoonful of the green stuff and feed it to any willing party.

1 comment:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

someone has been busy!!! so how? nice or not? how come u never say add sugar??