Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The only way to go is up...

I think I'm pretty optimistic.

After that severe screw-up, I tell myself that it can only get better from here. And its true, its getting better.

For one, the bitch doesn't bother me anymore. I guess thats cause the product has been launched and she (and I) don't give a damn about it anymore.

And then just last night my manager brought our team out for dinner. The food wasn't fantastic, but it was still an enjoyable evening. We took a cab from the office to the restaurant, and then we took cabs separately back home. I was considering taking the tube, actually, before he announced to us "go take a cab home. you can claim for it tomorrow". OK boss, whatever you say boss. =)

And then today one of the higher-ups called me into his office to talk to me. I was wondering if it was going to be a proper lecturing session, since he opened with the sentence "About the incident about a week ago, I hadn't really had a chance to talk to you about it..." Well, I was quite prepared for the worst actually, so it kinda surprised me that he actually told me that it is a misunderstanding and that I shouldn't take it personally. yeah whatever dude.. i've gotten over it.

yup, and so today the sky began to clear and the sun is shining through the dark clouds. I don't mean it literally, because as you know its winter and its actually getting darker, colder, and gloomier. I mean I feel lighter, like a load has been lifted off my chest (wah damn cliche la.. anybody can express the same thing just as well?)

i'm fine folks. don't worry about me.

1 comment:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

how can not worry? frens are frens...but good for u anyway. the mistake wasn't you.