Sunday, November 13, 2005

My new computer...

I haven't showed you guys my new computer yet right? Well, thats because I took many pictures of the assembly process - and because there were so many pictures, everytime I wanted to post it up, I got put off.

But finally, I've gathered enough energy and determination to post (most of) the pictures.


My new computer case. Chio?


Side view showing the window + fan.


This is my motherboard - DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra. I know it probably won't make sense to the bulk of my blog readers, but i'm pretty proud of this board, as you might have guessed. The yellow and orange parts supposedly glow in UV light, but I didn't install any UV lights in my case.


This is the CPU, the component that costs the most. Its an AMD 64 X2 (dual core) 3800+. can't remember the exact specs but its FAST. "hayai" - in japanese..


So then, after placing the CPU onto the motherboard, spread a little thermal paste on it. Kinda fun spreading the stuff.. like making crepes..


After installation of the heatsink + fan. The whole heatsink is copper - which supposedly conducts heat much better.


My memory cards - Corsair XMS2. It is pretty decent, cause I can overclock it to 2.3.3.6 timings at 230 Mhz FSB (i.e, 460 MHz), 15% faster than what it was intended for (400Mhz).


The motherboard inside the case with my graphics card installed. The graphics card is a Powercolor ATI 700 board, with dual DVI out. Not spectacular, I like it cus it doesn't have fans.

So, I'm quite happy with my computer because I managed to overclock the CPU by another 15% (2Mhz to 2.3Mhz), without upping the voltage. So its a cool running dude - at peak processing the temperature only runs up to about 45 degrees... and otherwise its at 36 degrees. So damn amazing.

On the other hand, I spent almost 900 quid on it.. so it better be good. =)

No comments: