Sunday, December 02, 2007

Too much good food...

I never used to think I could get too much good food... but seriously after I had eaten too much restaurant style food, all I really wanted was some good tasting, healthy, simple, home-cooked food.

So initially I thought of going to a Cantonese restaurant and ordering a Jiang Chong Zhu Rou Fan (Cheong Chong Ju Yok Fan - Ginger Spring Onion Pork Rice)... and started my exploratory hike down the hill, when I decided I should go visit a supermarket, just to see if there was anything interesting...

Then I saw interesting things... Instant noodles, for example. And fresh paper-thin slices of beef. And golden mushrooms. And then I couldn't resist. I had to cook my own "hotpot". So I got myself a basket and made a tour around the supermarket, buying anything I thought I'd like to try. I ended up buying:
Golden mushrooms, Shitake mushrooms, one other kind of mushroom that I dunno the name, some chai xin (I wanted something healthy, remember?), asparagus, the thinly sliced beef, some udon noodles (that came with soup base seasoning), cuttlefish balls, pork balls with dong-gu (winter mushrooms?) And that's for dinner. I also bought, for breakfast, a carton of orange juice, then... cheong fun, two packets of siew mai, one packet of har gao, one small box of hashbrowns and one packet of sausages...

So it was time to cook. Easy, just split everything into two portions and put them into a pot. The pot was a reasonably big one...

But the pot wasn't big enough... I had to scoup out some stuff onto a bowl so that I could boil the other stuff. And I ate the whole thing. It took a few "tries". i.e., I had to eat, take a break, walk around the room, burp, sit down and eat again, repeat... And even now I'm still feeling full.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna have a big full breakfast :)

1 comment:

luen said...

wah, better not eat too much otherwise all hopes for a six-pack (or even a two-pack) will be gone... haha :)