Monday, December 24, 2007

Leaving Singapore

I'm sitting in Changi Airport using my laptop with wireless access (free, but have to agree for some third party to spam adverts to your mobile phone... and you can't give them a fake phone number either, because they will give you the password through your mobile phone!) waiting for time to pass for my time to board the flight.

Just wanted to jot down that it was really fun to meet up with my bestest friends whenever I'm back. Its great to know that some of them even had go out of their way just to meet me. Erm, did that come out wrong? I don't mean its great that they had to, I mean its great that they did. Even better to know that a lot of them are doing well. Doctors, lawyers, accountants, and public slaves.. i mean, servants...

My mum used to tell me that a lot of my friends were going to be high flyers, the cream of the crop of singapore... That was when I was in Hwachong. I didn't really believe her. After all, our class in Hwachong had the dubious honor of being the "pillar" in the whole school. The term came from a bar chart showing the average scores of each class compared to the mean scores of the whole school. Most other classes had bar charts above the school average. We, however, were the "pillars" that "supported" these above average scores.

Gradually though, I started believing my mum. One day I called TJ at the hospital (he had called earlier, but I was on the phone with you-know-who. So I told TJ I'll call him back). The call was answered by a nurse, so the call went like this:

"Hello?"

"Dr XXX please"

"Who's this speaking?"

"W."

"Patient?"

"No, friend..."

"OK, hold on a moment please"

How cool is that? But maybe I shoud have pretended to be Dr W, a consultant from some other hospital. hehehe.. maybe I should have screamed "Get me Dr TJ on the phone NOW!" hehehehe

Side observation... I'm so sick of christmas songs. Really really really really really sick. They play it ALL THE FREAKIN TIME! In shopping centers, in food courts, in amusement parks, on radio in the taxi, and EVEN CHANGI AIRPORT.

ok, time to head to the gate. Here's wishing all of you a merry merry christmas, and a happy happy new year!

No comments: