Sunday, December 30, 2007

From HK back to London

I'm flying today at midnight 30th December. The day before new years eve. At the HK airport now, sitting at a computer terminal typing this blog. Will be working an hour after I touch down in London. Not really looking forward to that... it seemed like a really great idea at the time, to extend as long as possible my stay in HK. But I'm really starting to regret my decision. I should have given myself at least the night to brush my teeth, wash my face, and sleep.

I probably wont have time to blog again in the coming weeks or months. So many things to do, including unpacking, sending digital pictures to friends, getting a Lust Caution dvd for L's bro, erm, installing a new graphics card I bought, and all that is in addition to my work. And World of Warcraft. So... if you don't see me blogging for sometime, I'm just busy (or lazy), not dead on the street...

It wasn't that difficult sending L off at the airport. Previously we had settled on a drop-off, quickly turn around and head off strategy. This works - there is hardly any time to cry before you have to show your passport to the staff and get through customs etc. The other party would also be distracted trying to look at cars and drive away. Usually though, after the distractions are over, the tears would start welling up. This time was similar. I was distracted with shaking hands with L's family and friends (in HK) that I didn't feel the pang of loss. Also cannot cry in front of other people right? But while walking along escalator alone to take the airport express back to the city, I felt the same familiar sense of loss. Sigh... so long already, so many times already, why still this loss?

...

aiyah. time for me to board the plane. Hope I have time to finish this post. in the meantime, happy new year!

No comments: