Monday, October 03, 2005

Ahhh... the internet...

Yes.. ooh yes..

I've got internet at home now. so right now i'm at home typing away on a laptop I borrowed from XP. i'm gonna buy a computer soon. as soon as i get the time to surf around for the bestest value for money option.

It took me some time to get used to the idea of the internet again. i forgot why i used so much time in the past. WHAT did I surf? hahaha..

Work has been kind to me so far. Getting to do more and more interesting stuff, and I get lots of freedom to do what I feel I need to do. Its great that my manager thinks I'm smart. ahhahaa.. he introduced me to a few people already, and he always adds in a comment like "he's got a very strong quantitative background". cool eh?

then today he asked me to look at some complicated stuff so that I can make sense of it and see if its correct. wow. loverley. but enough work stuff. i'm worried that revealing too much may reveal my identity, while not revealing enough stuff probably makes u guys wonder WHAT THE HELL AM I TALKING ABOUT?

So, on to a different topic. Today I finally got my gym membership. well, not exactly, cus though the gym membership starts on the 1st of the month, I won't get the receipt until the 15th. But apparently I can start using the gym.

And thus I'm proud to say, today I went to the gym! Finally. I'll definitely be going on a regular basis. pay money already dun go abit wasted right?

funny, why do I think that way even after learning "decision analysis" and "sunk cost theory". hahaha.. the human mind works in mysterious ways...

and today I was reading some tips for investment managers/traders. There was this one point I take offense with. It was something like "Good investment managers, like good gamblers playing poker, know when to identify a winning streak." WTF?

Anyone who did stats, or has enough common sense will know that each game has absolutely no effect on the next. It doesnt mean that after you've lost 12 times, the next game you'll have a higher chance of winning. N-O.

And while its not exactly the same with stocks/funds, the trends of funds are virtually impossible to predict.

that particular successful investment manager must have been a pretty lucky gambler...

i'm tired. i need sleep...

2 comments:

luen said...

YES! Funny how we rely on the internet so much huh? :) Now I can chat with you at work... muahaha...

Ang Ku Kueh said...

stock and investment tips? lai ah!