Sunday, September 25, 2005

My first...

Payslip. Muahaha! ~Happy as a bird~ Damn shiok I tell you. I went down to the ATM on the day the money is supposed to come in. Then I checked my balance and couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Only thing is they bloody taxed me a damn lot extra. I'm gonna get my money back, I will...

Beer session with collegues. You know, I've always heard accounts from so many people that the culture in London is that people always go for drinks after work. Or during lunch. Or at any time. And I believed them, because everywhere I look, I see pubs, and a lot of people in ties and suits holding a pint of beer. But curiously, NOBODY in my team ever went for a beer. NOBODY ever asked, "Wanna grab a pint?".

So one fine day, at 7pm, after the Manager, M, has left, British Boy (BB) came over and started making some small talk. He was all ready to go, with his jacket on, and his bag slung over his shoulder. Then after 30 seconds, he asked, "Wanna grab a pint?"

*STRUCK LOTTERY* Finally! Someone has asked me out for a beer!

It was quite fun actually. We talked about all sorts of things, work-related and personal-life-related. And I found out that two of my collegues (out of 3) smokes. hmm..

Yup, thats it. My weekly update. =)

1 comment:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

wally! i saw ur comments! LTT and HCP is D and T BTW. So happy for u u got ur pay, hahaha...i also got mine! no tax! hahahah....oh well, glad u finally had a fren for beer. perhaps next time u initiate? cannot always wait for ppl, no?