Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A small accomplishment

Today I ran in the JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge (Whoa its a damn good marketing event la, 13,000 people participated in the run, and everyone has to call it the JPMCCC. No-wonder you have the Barclay's premiership, the Stella Artois Tennis Open etc.)

It was quite well organised I must say. Each company had a large tent where you can put down your stuff. Plenty of access to bottled water. Lots of toilets all over the place. Water point at the halfway mark. At the end of the race got water, banana, and a T-shirt. Head back to the tent for some BBQ food. Nice, everything paid for somemore. haha.. I will prob go again next year if I'm still around. Hmm. Maybe I should sign up for 10k, or half-marathon runs. Its a good motivation to get active. YEAH!

Had to leave early though, because the run was at 6.45, and by the time I felt well enough to leave for home it was already 8. Germany was playing Italy at 8. Took me an hour to get back home. Fortunately I didn't miss much as they didn't score any goals. Unfortunately, I lost 5 quid because they didn't score any goals. Ah well, its still an overall (tax-free) profit.

No comments: