Saturday, September 17, 2005

Quick Entry

This has gotta be quick because I only have left 15 mins on the clock.

I can't believe it, time passed so fast. I was just reading thru the few blogs I regularly visit, and then suddenly its been 45 mins.

Its so nice to read blogs of people you know, find out how they're doing and so on. I know, a call is probably better to keep in touch. its more personal and all that yeah. but i'm not the calls kinda guy. i dunno, somehow i don't pick up the phone and call a friend and start chatting. i know some guys do, but not me. so i'm thankful for blogs.

so any of you have started a blog let me know kay?

AKK got featured in Straits Times. I learnt about that from L. Wow.

Was expecting her to write about it excitedly in her blog, but nope, no mention. hmm..

Anyway, congrats!

***

Life for me has been pretty normal so far. (meaning: boring)

Weekdays pass in a flurry. Really fast. It feels like just yesterday, I was sitting her typing furiously at blogger.

I've really got to count my time. 12 hrs of work, 1 hr of travelling. 1 hr dinner, 30mins talk with gf. i need about 7 and a half hours of sleep, so that leaves me 1hr 30mins of spare time. NICE.

its no wonder time passes so fast.



so, chatting with my gf on a weekday, invariably I learn more about what happens to her than I tell her what happens to me. but what can happen to me? i go to work, greet whoever's there (usually only the manager and another no lifer-the one that's doing his masters), take off my jacket and drape it over the chair. log on to my computer, sit down, take out all the previous days files/paper (not a lot) onto the table and start looking for things to do.

in between, go toilet break, water break, coffee/tea/chocolate break. maybe about 2 times before lunch. lunch is simple... go out and buy a sandwich, a pastry or something. or there's a deli inside the building, in the same floor as I, just 2mins away. lunch usually costs 3 quid now...

bring lunch back to desk. sit down and repeat cycle of work-toiletbreak-waterbreak.

7.30 soon arrives. look up and see about half of the people gone. so I too get up, tell my manager that I'm going off and off I go.

There, 12 hrs of a day gone.

ah.. 1 min left to blog..

Love you guys!!

2 comments:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

yo! heheheh...not only never talk abt it, i removed the song links...geez....dun wan any abusers in my blog.:) glad u are still blogging, i tot where u go...take care buddy!

luen said...

wah... your life is really so... boring :P Hmm, I'm surprised you're not bored with the job yet, coz you were when you did the lab attachment a few yrs back. You know, sitting at the computer for hours at end. But I guess you like what you're doing so that's good :) Keep it up and if you're ever bored, you know who you can think about ;)