Thursday, August 10, 2006

Security level: Critical.

Folks, if you haven't heard/read, police in the UK has apparently thwarted an attempted plane bombing. The current security level is "critical", which apparently means an attack is "imminent". Security has been stepped up in all UK airports. Yeah you can read it up on BBC if you haven't read about it.

I thought something was wrong this morning when I got off the tube at liverpool st. First you hear announcements like "Customers are advised that because of hightened security, delays may be occuring on all undergound lines". Then you see like twice the number of policemen standing around crowded areas. Then in the office my colleage mentioned something about the airports being closed. Hmm..

I'm supposed to say "don't worry, i'll be fine." But I know you're not worried anyway. hah.

by the way, I finally found my contact lens that I dropped on the toilet floor. I was feeling constipated one day and sat down on the toilet seat just, you know, relaxing and looking around when I saw it sticking to the side (the outer side) of the bathtub. Quite surprised that nobody else saw it, nobody brushed it off, it didn't drop back down to the floor, the cleaner didn't clean it away... that it was left there since 2 weeks ago.

It must have been flung 1.5 meters away when the case fell to the ground. So weird. You know after I spent ages looking for the lens, I actually filled the contact lens case with water and "simulated" as exactly as I could the way the case dropped, just to see how far the water would be flung out. The result of that experiment was that it was at most 20cm. Hmm. Now I know at least by how much I must widen the search scope.

No comments: