Thursday, August 03, 2006

Football again!

I played football again on Tuesday, and I've re-affirmed my hopelessness at being a goal-keeper.

You know in street-soccer (or court soccer, or indoor soccer) where the field is small and there are lacking goalkeepers (keepers are always lacking - you won't EVER find 3 of them in a court) we usually take turns to keep the goal (haha that sounds weird).

When I played in SG in the past, we usually rotate when a goal is scored/conceived. Over here its not so obvious... People just "volunteer" as and when they think they should be keeper.

So anyway I had played for about 20mins already, had to catch my breath a bit. And the poor guy was keeper for quite some time, so I volunteered.

Soon after, I conceived a goal. And then another. and another. and another. and finally one more, before one of the players decided that I was crap, and took over as keeper. All that happened in a span of maybe 5 minutes. Just to clarify, I wasn't intentionally trying to get substituted.

But that suits me just fine. =)

And I'm happy that I've used my new boots three times this year.

No comments: