Thursday, June 16, 2005

A funny conversation

I had a very funny conversation with Lu-en yesterday. We were eating egg tarts and sipping on tea for our "supper". I can't remember what we were talking about before Lu-en suddenly asked:



Eh darling, do you know who's the guy with the three pronged fork?



*bewildered look*



There, the one in the sea...



Ohh, I know! ahh.. Hai Long Wang (Literally sea dragon king, a chinese mythical legend)!



No la! English one!



English got Hai Long Wang meh?



Yah.. The one in movies, with white beard and hair.. You know they always show in cartoons or movies? Aiyah, what's his name?



Cartoons... Movies... Hmm... Is he some God or something?



No la!



No meh, not some god of the sea or something?



No la!



Isn't he some sort of Greek God?



No la! Ahh!! I know! Its the father of Mermaid! I know his name wan, its on the tip of my mouth!



Mmm hmm.. I also cannot remember his name..



After some time...



But why is it important ley?



Oh, because its the name for some Malaysian brand cooking oil!



...



I need the name to sing the song! Otherwise I can't sing!





















I laughed non-stop for some time before I recovered enough to say that I'll publish it on my blog. And so here it is.



And it turned out to be Neptune, which, in Greek Mythology, is the God of the Sea. So I was correct on several counts. =)



PS: It turns out that she said "No lah" to all that God of the Sea talk because she wanted his name, not "God of the Sea". ahh.. miscommunication...

1 comment:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

NEPTUNE lor! you guys should read more fairy tales ah! :) happy singing!