Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snow in London

Just to show you a few pictures of London covered in snow. So, I mentioned how I came in from the airport last Monday. I took a train to Paddington, and took the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus, where I got stuck for more than an hour waiting to get on the Central Line. In the end, I gave up, and walked out of the station - to be greeted by this scene:

So this is Oxford Circus, one of the busiest streets in London. Granted, its a little early in the morning, but notice the lack of traffic! The scene was so peaceful, quiet, and beautiful, I almost got over my frustration on waiting immediately.

The scene next to my building. Trying to capture the thickness of the snow.
Random shot of snow building up on bicycles - it was still snowing quite heavily at about 1pm.
The bench near my place.

No comments: