Thursday, October 08, 2009

Got married!

Went to california last week to get married. In my eyes it was great! Superb weather and in a beautiful garden setting - can't get much better. Some of the pictures turned out really nice. I'll probably put up the pictures when I get the proper ones.

Now, back in London with L. We're having a lunch thing with all our friends on Saturday. After that we'll have a mini honeymoon.

I was pretty proud of my wedding speech (shamelessly adapted from a few I found online) so for my records I'm posting it here.

===

You are all about to witness a unique event in history. This is the very first and the very last time that the Wife is going to let me speak on behalf of both of us... You wont believe how hard I had to beg for this priviledge... so lets take our time...

So Ladies and Gentlemen, we'd like to thank everyone for coming today, it means so much to us, to have everyone we love and care about here to share our special day, and a big thank you to those who have had long journeys to be here. We hope the day is as enjoyable for you as it special to us.

On a personal note, I would especially like to thank my new in-laws C and W who have done everything to make me feel welcome since I first started dating Lu-En almost 7 years ago. Ma I would like to thank for the effort you have put in making the invitations, the place cards, the flowers, and Pa I'd like to thank for letting me marry your daughter.

I can't stand up here without giving a very special thanks to my mum who has always been there for me with support and guidance in every big decision I have made in my life. It means so much to me that you are here today, witnessing this occasion, thank you very much.

I would also like to thank H for agreeing to be my Best Man today. For those of you who don't know - H is also Lu-En's brother. Actually, maybe that explains why he's agreed to be my best man. Thanks for helping today run so beautifully....

And speaking of "beautiful", we'd like to thank the bridesmaids Y and X - I know how much support you have given Lu-En up to and including this day. I'd like everyone to compliment them on their shoes and dresses for they took as much time to pick the right color and style as it took for my bride to do her hair! Thanks to A, our cute flower girl, to K for the videography, and O, for the wedding cake. Thanks also to L, L and Z for everything you've done today.

When I proposed to L, I put a lot of thought into what makes a good marriage... seriously, yeh.. The dictionary says that a marriage is the institution whereby man and woman are joined in a special kind of social and legal dependancy for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family... hmm, if only things were that simple. Some people say its consists of 3 rings, engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering. Others say its an alliance of 2 people - one who never remembers birthdays and anniversaries, and one who never forgets. Whatever it is, I know I'm marrying my perfect partner.

Today, I'm marrying my best friend and my soulmate. We have a relationship where we could spend every waking minute together and not get bored. We can talk to each other all day... well, actually she talks, I listen. On that note, I have to say thanks as well to Skype and MSN, for without you, it wouldn't have been possible to chat with L every morning for the time we've been apart.

Anyway I'd like to take this opportunity to first of all, tell L how beautiful you look today.. and secondly to thank you for all the hard work and time that you have put in to make today such a success. ... and believe me it was hell of a lot of time so I'd like everyone to raise their glass and join me, in making a toast to my new wife - To the most beautiful bride in the world - L!

I wont waste any more of your valuable drinking time - and instead leave that to the bride's father, W!

No comments: