Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Unnecessary pressure to pass...

I've got this regulatory exam tomorrow that I HAVE to pass. Not because my boss expects me to, not because I have to pay for it, and not because I don't get another chance to take it again.

Its because one of my collegues have been going around saying,
"Hey this guy's from Stanford! He's gotta pass!"

Another guy announces loudly,
"Hey we all passed it, you'll DEFINITELY pass."

AND, he goes around telling everyone around me that I'm doing the exam tomorrow.

Guy A continues by saying, "There're only two excuses to fail. One, you're stupid. Two, you don't know English... " and he went on saying how I am a genius, and how some people around the floor don't really know English etc...

Thing is, I never really understood the pressure of passing, and passing for peer recognition just seems like the wrong reason...

And the fact that this regulatory exam is all about memory AND language, two of my weakest aspects, isn't helping at all...

Sigh.. I'm going to be a laughing stock if I fail...

No comments: