Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wants

I want so many things after window shopping at heathrow terminal 3. Its tax free shopping so naturally it's cheaper.

iPad. This bigger iPhone is so cool. The web browsing interface is superb. And I see how useful the mail, calendar and contacts functionality would make it so useful as a netbook / laptop replacement even. And then you can have presentaions, photos and videos on that little device as well. It's just brilliant! Except my rational mind is thinking that it's a tad expensive and me not being a travelling executive, I'd probably just leave the iPad at home collecting dust.

Bose noise cancelling earphones. For my music listening, movie watching and games playing pleasure. Maybe to cancel that loud noise on trains, flights, and tubes as well. I was thinking I could use a good pair of headphones for a pretty long time, so maybe 250 quid isn't that much to spend.

Mulberry leather hold-all. Man this is purely a luxury item that I know I would very likely just use perhaps 4-5 times a year. But it's so stylish and so functional. Although it costs 895 gbp. The good news is, at the airport, it's JUST 740! Ba I know I don't need one. But then again this is not about needs - it's about wants.

I've been thinking that it's so difficult to pull yourself to your senses and not to succumb to the temptation of spending. Perhaps I should set budgets for myself. I never had the problem of overspending since I'm quite naturally a miser. But it's miserable. With a budget - I can happily spend as much as I want wihin my budget. The problem tho is how much I should budget for these frivolous wants. Sigh.

No comments: