Friday, December 26, 2008

End of year "performance review"

Last year I made some new year resolutions... time to reflect on my performance...
  • Get in touch with about 50% of my aquaintences. A superpoke doesn't count. At least a wall post.
Well... I think I massed-superpoked once... but I don't believe I did get in touch with at least 50% of my aquaintences... Maybe next time I should set some more realistic goals.
  • Be proactive and productive in my work. So far I've been passive in doing assigned jobs. But any well educated person can do that. I need to do more.
Nope as well... the past year was the most unmotivated part of my working career. Too much distraction about job losses and all that crap. No motivation in doing my best. Sigh...
  • Be a do-er in every aspect of my life. Too many times I have toyed with ideas or felt like doing something (such as organising a meeting with friends) but I simply procrastinated or felt it was too troublesome and then gave up the idea. I realise that some ideas cannot be pursued, but I will try harder not to hesitate and just do it
What the hell was I thinking? Erm well, at least I'm starting to hit the gym... that's considered doing something right?
  • Play less wow. *glurp*
Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally something I achieved. I've given up wow. And find myself with so much more time :).
  • Care more about the other people around me. With the exception of my gf, I forget birthdays, I don't buy presents, I don't even pay attention on who's going away on holidays and when. To be honest I'm really surprised I have some amazing friends.
Slowly, I'm trying. I know who's on holidays this christmas. And I do make an effort to remember birthdays... I do try - tho I still forget sometimes... or most of the time...
  • Visit Paris. So many years in London and I've never been to Paris. I'm ashamed.
Er no.. haven't been to Paris yet. No excuses...

So, in the span of the year, I seem to have lost track of what I wanted to achieve. Maybe this year I'll set even less ambitious targets...

No comments: